|Please note that this is the Dragon Ball Universe Wiki's article on the volume. If you are looking for the article on the chapter of the same name then you should head to Gokū or Ginyū!?.|
|Gokū or Ginyū!?|
|Rōmaji||Gokū ka!? Ginyū ka!?|
|Viz||Goku vs. Ginyu|
|Japanese||January 10, 1991|
- "Freeza Laughs" (笑うフリーザ, Warau Furīza; Viz "Freeza Victorious?!!")
Desperation sets in as Kulilin attempts to think of something they can do to fight back against Reacoom. Recoome, who is still facing Vegeta, strikes a pose and launches his Reacoom Eraser Gun. Both Gohan and Kulilin seize the opportunity to make a move, assisting a wounded Vegeta in moving out of the way while Kulilin lands a blow to Reacoom's skull. Vegeta scolds Gohan for rescuing him instead of attacking Reacoom. Meanwhile, Reacoom recovers and attacks Kulilin for stopping his own attack.
Meanwhile, Nail—who was previously commanded to assist the Earthlings—turns back, fearing for the Saichōrō's safety. Back on the battlefield, Gohan engages Reacoom with a barrage of energy attacks, but is largely unsuccessful and is quickly subdued by the stronger fighter.
- "Son Gohan Dies?!" (孫悟飯死す!?, Son Gohan Shisu!?; Viz "Son Gohan's Last Stand")
Freeza attempts to summon the dragon, but nothing happens. He then remembers the warning given to him by one of the Nameccian elders and realizes that the Dragon Balls must need a secret code known only to the Nameccians. Using his Scouter, Freeza locates three Nameccian power levels. Ginyū resolves to accompany Freeza to deal with the Nameccians, but the emperor simply declines, stating he'd rather deal with them himself—leaving Ginyū to guard the ship and the Dragon Balls.
Back on the battlefield, Reacoom launches a volley of ki blasts at Gohan—which the young boy barely dodges—before attacking him physically, causing him to collapse in exhaustion. Nevertheless, Gohan attempts to continue fighting, but Reacoom dodges his attempt and kicks him hard enough to break his neck. Nearby, Butta and Jheese comment that Gohan has no energy left. At that point, Reacoom resolves to kill all three of them and end the fight, but is interrupted when he spots a space ship landing in the distance. The ship is revealed to be Gokū's, with the Saiyan having finally arrived on Namek.
- "The Mysterious Son Gokū" (不思議な孫悟空, Fushigi na Son Gokū; Viz "Son Gokū Has Landed!")
- "Super Saiyan!?" (超サイヤ人!?, Sūpā Saiyajin!?)
- "Showdown!! Jheese and Butta" (対決!!ジースとバータ, Taiketsu!! Jīsu to Bāta; Viz "Jheese and Butta")
- "Vegeta's Complex Mind" (ベジータの複雑な心, Bejīta no Fukuzatsu na Kokoro; Viz "With Allies Like These…")
- "Captain Ginyū Appears!!" (ギニュー隊長おでまし!!, Ginyū Taichō Odemashi!!; Viz "Ginyu Steps In")
- "Captain Ginyū's Pride" (ギニュー隊長のプライド, Ginyū Taichō no Puraido; Viz "A Matter of Pride")
- "The Great Elder and Company in Danger" (危うし最長老たち, Ayaushi Saichōrōtachi; Viz "The Last Three Namekians")
- "Warrior of Namek, Nail" (ナメック星の戦士ネイル, Namekkusei no Senshi Neiru; Viz "Nail, Champion of Namek")
- "Body Change" (ボディチェンジ, Bodi Chenji; Viz "The Switch")
- "Gokū or Ginyū?!" (悟空か!?ギニューか!?, Gokū ka!? Ginyū ka!?)