|Form of Government||Monarchy|
The term "universe" (宇宙, uchū) refers to twelve massive celestial bodies which contain the entirety of the Dragon Ball multiverse, that exists into one singular universe. There were formerly eighteen universes but six of them were destroyed by the Zen'ō when he was angered.
Each universe has a twin, with the related universes adding up to the number thirteen (for instance, with the Sixth Universe and the Seventh Universe, the numbers six and seven add up to the number thirteen). Although the universes themselves are identical on the solar systemic level, ecology level can differ. For example, while the Seventh Universe's Earth's humans have flourished and thrived, the Sixth Universe's Earth has been subjected to a war that drove humanity to extinction.
There are twelve universes:
- 1st Universe — The twin of the 12th Universe.
- 2nd Universe — The twin of the 11th Universe.
- 3rd Universe — The twin of the 10th Universe.
- 4th Universe — The twin of the 9th Universe.
- 5th Universe — The twin of the 8th Universe.
- 6th Universe — The twin of the 7th Universe. The Hakaishin Champa hails from this universe.
- 7th Universe — The universe from which the entire Dragon Ball series originates. The Saiyan Son Gokū hails from this universe.
- 8th Universe — The twin of the 5th Universe.
- 9th Universe — The twin of the 4th Universe.
- 10th Universe — The twin of the 3rd Universe, and the universe in which Gowasu and Zamasu originate.
- 11th Universe — The twin of the 2nd Universe.
- 12th Universe — The twin universe of the 1st Universe.
- In Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2, the concept of Universes functions differently here. According to Chronoa, Toki-Toki is capable of laying eggs that can create 'time', and in doing so, a new Universe is birthed from these eggs. Watching a Universe hatch from Toki-Toki's eggs is considered a rare occurrence.