|“||Can't move, can you? Of course, I can't do anything while holding it either.||”|
—Kame-Sennin in "The Impending Warriors of Justice! The Pride Troopers!!"
|International Surprise Palm|
|English TV||Lightning Flash Surprise Attack|
|Games||Turtle Style Last Resort
TS Super Last Resort
|Manga Debut||Chapter 50|
|Type||Ki Manipulation Technique|
|Range||Mid to Long range|
The International Surprise Palm is a technique used by Kame-Sennin, and one of his unique abilities.
This technique is perhaps the most lethal in Kame-Sennin's arsenal, as well as his cruelest. To use the technique, the user places their hands together, amplifying the faint electrical pulse within their body with the palms of their hands. Once amplified, the user fires it directly at the target. When hit by the attack, the target's body goes numb, completely paralyzing them within the flow of the electrical current. Continued exposure to the technique is enough to kill the target. The pain caused by this technique was enough to force Son Gohan to surrender a match against Kame-Sennin, and Son Gokū to nearly surrender as well, before becoming a Great Monkey. This technique, despite its power, appears to be unable to contain things that break a certain size limit.
Despite neither himself nor Gokū being taught this technique, Gokū Black possess this ability, having used it on both Vegeta and Trunks to great effect. He has also shown impressive control over the technique, able to use it like a lasso to throw the target around.
- This technique is a play on words of the 1967 Japanese variety show "International Surprise Show" (万国びっくりショー, Bankoku Bikkuri Shō).
- This technique shares similarities with the Electric Wave technique utilized by Cymbal, despite the latter being classified as 'unique'. The International Surprise Prize also appears to be more lethal than the Electric Wave, requires more time to charge, ans is classified as ki manipulation, and not simply an ability.
- In a filler episode in Dragon Ball Z, Piccolo utilizes a very similar ability on Gohan when the boy tranformed into a Giant Monkey; however, it may have also been the Electric Wave, as Piccolo was originally showcased as a member of the Demon Clan.
- ↑ Daizenshū 2, page 204
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Daizenshū 7, page 154
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 101
- ↑ Dragon Ball Kai: Attack of the Saiyans
- ↑ XenoVerse seris
- ↑ Dragon Ball Fusions
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 50, page 14
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 51, page 4
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super chapter 20, pages 9-10
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super chapter 21, page 17