The Hakaishin (
Throughout the twelve universes, there is a single Hakaishin per universe, which they overlook alongside their universe's Kaiōshin. Since both Hakaishin and Kaiōshin share their life-force with each-other, a Hakaishin will die if their universe's Kaiōshin perishes, resulting in their Angel attendant ceasing to function until the deceased Hakaishin is replaced. For this reason, the connection between the pair isn't public knowledge. Every millennia, the acting Hakaishin will coordinate a meeting with the current Kaiōshin in their realm. What occurs at these meetings, however, is unknown.
Many, including the Kaiōshin have misconceptions about the Hakaishin's duties. Old Kaiōshin, despite his vast age and knowledge, believe Beerus might even destroy the Seventh Universe, which might have happened at least once in the past due to Beerus' temper, if not for his assistant Whis keeping him in line.
It is hinted Hakaishin are also meant to induce a form of Natural Selection to develop a universe's power ranking by destroying planets with species that are developing at a slower rate.
List of Hakaishin
Main article: Iwen
Iwen is the Hakaishin of the 1st Universe.
Main article: Helles
Helles was the Hakaishin of the 2nd Universe.
Main article: Mule
Mule was the Hakaishin of the 3rd Universe.
Main article: Quitela
Quitela was the Hakaishin of the 4th Universe.
Main article: Arak
Arak is the Hakaishin for the 5th Universe.
Main article: Champa
Champa was the Hakaishin of the 6th Universe and the twin brother of the Hakaishin Beerus. He is a rather sly individual, preferring to do things behind the back of his brother. As a Hakaishin, Champa seens to be quite lazy in doing his job and askes his attendant Vados to destroy planets for him instead.
Main article: Beerus
Beerus is the current Hakaishin for the 7th Universe. Beerus acts as a balance by destroying planets even as the Kaiōshin create them. He chooses which planet to do so on a whim and will destroy them regardless of their importance. Should he find it too troublesome to destroy a certain planet, he can involve other parties to destroy them for him, such as he did with Freeza when he implored the tyrant to destroy the planet Vegeta.
Main article: Liquir
Liquir is the Hakaishin of the 8th Universe.
Main article: Sidra
Main article: Rumoosh
Rumoosh was the Hakaishin of the 10th Universe.
Uniquely, Toppo would later transcend the shackles of mortality, and become a Hakaishin himself. He achieves this state in the Tournament of Power, gaining access to the unique abilities afforded to Hakaishin. However, he does not perform the role of Hakaishin as of yet.
Main article: Geen
Geen is the Hakaishin of the 12th Universe.
- The term "god of destruction" (破壊の神, hakai no kamisama) has been used throughout the series. One occasion is Cell being called as such in the Japanese anime.
- In the anime, Whis and Beerus mentioned they could not simply kill Zamasu simply due to sensing his killing intent as he was the next Kaiōshin and they needed to gather solid evidence. In the manga, Beerus mentioned he did not need Just Cause to kill anyone as he was the Hakaishin.
- In Dragon Ball XenoVerse 2, Whis alludes to a "Championship" that decides Hakaishin, most likely a tournament.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 55
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Dragon Ball Z: God and God
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 3
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 53
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 59
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super Trailer
- ↑ Dragon Ball Chōzenshū 1: Story & World Guide, Akira Toriyama Interview
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 125
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 160