|Please note that this is the Dragon Ball Universe Wiki's article on the retelling arc of the movie. If you are looking for the article on the movie then you should head to Dragon Ball Z: God and God. For other uses, see God and God (disambiguation).|
|God and God Arc|
|Rōmaji||Kami to Kami Hen|
|Other||Hakaishin Beerus Arc (
Battle of Gods Saga
|Series||Dragon Ball Super|
|Next||Revival of "F" Arc|
|Anime Original Run||July 5, 2015 - November 8, 2015|
|Manga Original Run||June 20, 2015 - September 19, 2015|
|Corresponding Episodes||DBS001 - DBS018|
|Corresponding Chapters||Chapter 1 - Chapter 4|
See also: List of Volumes and List of Dragon Ball Super episodes
The God and God Arc (
Six months have passed since the titanic battle with the pure Majin Bū. With peace finally having resumed on the Earth, some time after that, Son Gokū has taken up a job as a radish farmer, much to his dismay. One Sunday, Son Goten — Gokū's youngest child — brings Gokū's lunch to the radish fields. While Gokū eats, Goten mans the tractor. After eating rapidly, Gokū powers up to Super Saiyan and begins to train. This, in turn, distracts Goten, who drives the tractor over a cliff, forcing Gokū to teleport to his rescue. Goten questions why his father is training again, to which Gokū replies that he wants to be prepared in case another enemy like Majin Bū appears. He isn't able to go to North Kaiō's to train, however, due to a money shortage at home and a promise to work that he made to Chi-Chi.
Elsewhere in the universe, Beerus is being hosted by an hog-like race on their homeworld. The Hakaishin seems unenthused by the food laid before him, but claims to like the salty drink provided to him — though he was displeased by how greasy it was. He decides to only destroy half of the planet, which he accomplishes with only a tap of his finger.
Back on Earth, Mr. Satan is receiving a peace award for "defeating" Majin Bū. However, Satan's press conference is interrupted when Bū bursts into the room and declares that he is hungry. Satan passes Bū off as an intergalactic disciple of his, which angers Bū, who simply wishes to eat. Bū relents, returning to the kitchen. Following the conference, Satan tries to appease Bū with chocolates, though he is unable to find any.
In the Western Capital, at Capsule Corporation, Goten approaches Trunks about getting Videl a present — because she will be his new sister-in-law. The boys leave on a mission to find her the perfect gift. Their search takes them to a ring shop, however they are unimpressed by the size of the rings, so they take their search to a cosmetics shop. There, everything is too expensive, however, the boys overhear and old man mention a series of springs by his house, which is better for the face than anything in the cosmetics store. The old man gives the boys directions to the spring, which they immediately fly towards. They find a suitable spring and gather up its water, however, they are attacked by a giant snake.
The boys quickly deal with the snake and make for Gohan and Videl's home. Videl is pleased with her gift, which in turn pleases Goten, Trunks, and Gohan. Later that evening, Goten returns home to his father and the duo overlooks the radish farm as the sun sets in the distance. Mr. Satan arrives shortly thereafter and announces that he has won a prize for the defeat of Majin Bū. However, since Gokū and Vegeta were the ones who truly defeated Bū, Satan wanted to give the prize to him. Gokū refuses it, because he believes one-hundred million zeni is too much for him. After Goten mentions that he could train with Kaiō if he had the money, Gokū eagerly accepts Mr. Satan's offer in exchange for not telling the world about who truly beat Bū.
After presenting Chi-Chi with the zeni, Gokū leaves to train with North Kaiō. Shortly thereafter, Muten Rōshi arrives at the Son home, looking for Gokū, in the hopes of using it to purchase "adult" videos. Chi-Chi is angered by this and violently sends him away. In the Kaiōshin Realm, Kibito Kaiōshin and Old Kaiōshin sense the destruction unleashed by Beerus and begin to prepare for the worst.
Gokū's sudden arrival on North Kaiō's world causes the Shinling to crash his prized car and demolish his house. As Kaiō is repairing the damage, Gokū announces that he has come to train on the tiny world, which has ten times the gravity of Earth — much to Kaiō's dismay. Gokū ignores Kaiō's protests and immediately commences his training.
Back on Earth, Bulma, Trunks, and Vegeta are in route to an island far from home. Vegeta — perched atop their plane — laments that he isn't training, which causes Bulma to send their plane into a series of dives in order to "train" him. After a variety of maneuvers, which consist of diving into the ocean and flying the plane though a dense forest, Bulma is surprised that Vegeta is still unmoved. As the family relaxes in a gift shop, Bulma notes that Vegeta has changed positively: having given up his precious training to spend time with his family. Vegeta shrugs her remarks off, stating that he was merely keeping a promise he made to Trunks.
As the day wears on, Vegeta becomes increasingly more grumpy. The family stops to eat, which Bulma notices calms Vegeta greatly. However, while they are eating an octopus, Vegeta gets sprayed with ink. Angered, Vegeta begins to power up, which shatters nearby glass. Bulma and Trunks quickly whisk him away to prevent more damage from being done. That evening, the family find themselves on the beach. Trunks spots a cruise ship crossing the bay and Bulma mentions that she could rent one to have her birthday party on.
That night, the family attends a beach party. While Bulma and Trunks search the crowd for Vegeta, Vegeta himself is lost in the crowd lamenting about how hard Gokū must be training. Vegeta's foul mood catches the attention of the announcer who calls him on stage to dance with the rest of the local dancers. Vegeta's rage finally explodes, along with his ki, which begins to blow away the partygoers. Vegeta then flies off, much to the amazement of everyone present.
Elsewhere in the universe, Beerus attempts to remember about his dream while calling out to Whis to see if "it" is ready. Whis, meanwhile, arrives on a primitive world. There he encounters a primitive race who have killed a dinosaur. His arrival angers one of the locals, whom he then converses with in their native tongue. The native is further angered and transforms, however, Beerus arrives announcing that Whis' time is up. Beerus fights with the enraged native and wins easily. Deciding not to take the dinosaur meat, Beerus destroys their planet. In the Kaiōshin Realm, Old Kaiōshin senses the loss of the planet and announces that they are in very deep trouble.
At Capsule Corporation, Vegeta finally begins his training in the Gravity Room. Meanwhile, while Beerus and Whis watch the primitive world explode, the Hakaishin recalls the name of the being from his dream: Super Saiyan God. Fearing what might happen now that the Hakaishin is awake, the Kaiōshin urge North Kaiō to ensure that Son Gokū never finds out about Beerus. However, Gokū overhears the conversation and becomes curious. Back in his temple, Beerus and Whis continue their search for the Super Saiyan God. They soon learn of Son Gokū and his feats and decide to pay him and North Kaiō a visit. Meanwhile, back on Earth, Gokū's friends and family members being gathering on the cruise ship for Bulma's birthday party, except for Vegeta who is still training to overpower Gokū and everyone else in the Universe.
With all guests now gathered, except for Son Gokū and Vegeta, Bulma's birthday party gets underway. Trunks shows Son Goten where his mother hid the bingo tournament grand prize – the Dragon Balls. Not far off from the ship, the Pilaf Gang, now poor and hungry, are trying to get by until they find the Dragon Balls and make their wishes come true. When his Dragon Radar picks up a signal coming from Bulma's ship, Pilaf and his henchmen hastily board the ship, with Trunks and Goten's help. Meanwhile, on North Kaiō's planet, Kaiō explains to Gokū who and what exactly Beerus is and that for every benevolent God there must be a malevolent one, in order to keep the universe in balance. Just as he finishes, Beerus and Whis arrive.
Beerus arrives on North Kaiō's planet, and detects Gokū's presence. While he is initially disappointed that Gokū does not know what a "Super Saiyan God" is, he agrees to test his strength in a sparring match. Gokū attempts to fight him in the Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2 and Super Saiyan 3 states, but is outclassed all three times. Disappointed, Beerus and Whis head for Earth, and Kaiō uses his telepathy to warn Vegeta ahead of their arrival.
Beerus arrives on Earth, where Bulma's birthday party is underway. Vegeta is paralyzed by Beerus' presence, recalling a childhood encounter with the deity a long time ago, when Beerus visited planet Vegeta and threatened his father. Beerus accepts Bulma's offer to join the party and is delighted by the snacks available. However, after Majin Bū refuses to share his pudding, Beerus attacks.
Beerus effortlessly disposes of Majin Bū, while Vegeta stands by in awe. Vegeta tries to persuade Beerus to calm down and enjoy himself, but he refuses to listen. Trunks and Goten fuse into Gotenks and attack to no avail. Powerless to do anything else, Gotenks starts insulting Beerus for which he is promptly punished. Piccolo, Tenshinhan, and Android 18 try taking on Beerus with little success. Majin Bū attacks again but is unable to land a single hit. While observing the battle, Dende realizes what Beerus actually is and immediately informs Piccolo. Before Piccolo is able to warn him, Gohan powers up and charges towards Beerus. Using Majin Bū as a weapon, Beerus repels Gohan, taking them both out. Being the last one standing, Vegeta confronts Beerus, but he is swiftly brought to the ground. Beerus tells Vegeta that he is disappointed with him; that he is just as weak as his father was. Just as Beerus is about to finish Vegeta, Bulma walks up and slaps him for ruining her party. Beerus retaliates in similar fashion. Seeing Bulma get struck infuriates Vegeta; he explodes and powers up immensely.
Having powered up, Vegeta charges towards Beerus. He manages to land a few punches before Beerus, who was using only a fraction of his power, knocks him out. Just as he is about to destroy Earth, Beerus has a sudden idea. He decides to give the Earthlings another chance at saving Earth. Meanwhile, fearing for their lives, the Pilaf Gang disembark Bulma's ship on a rowboat and sail away. Thinking he is the same as Majin Bū because of his pink hue, Beerus picks Oolong out of the crowd and challenges him to a game of Jan Ken to decide the fate of Earth. Oolong manages to draw twice, but Beerus eventually wins and proceeds to power up his attack. Just as Beerus is about to fire, Gokū chimes in saying he has thought of a way of finding out about the Super Saiyan God – summoning and asking Shenron.
Gokū gathers the Dragon Balls together and summons Shenron who is startled by Beerus' presence. Shenron quickly explains that the Super Saiyan God is not a person but a legendary transformation that only kindhearted Saiyans can achieve by fusing their power together. The Saiyans attempt to transform Gokū but fail, as they are one Saiyan short. Growing tired of waiting, Beerus starts preparing his attack to destroy the planet. Suddenly, Videl jumps in front of the Saiyans. She says that there is one more Saiyan who might be able to help them – her and Gohan's unborn child. The Saiyans and Videl attempt the transformation again and manage to transform Gokū into the Super Saiyan God.
Now a Super Saiyan God, Gokū confronts Beerus. He is amazed by the immense power his body has gained with the new transformation, so much so that he is initially unable to fully grasp its newfound potential. From fighting with Beerus, Gokū manages to gradually grow into his new form. Seeing as how Gokū might turn out to be a worthy adversary after all, Beerus decides it is time for them to unleash their true power and have a real battle of Gods.
Gokū, now more accustomed to the Super Saiyan God power, manages to punch Beerus several times and sends him flying. However, Beerus is unfazed by Gokū's attack. Beerus launches a medium sized energy sphere, but Gokū compresses its size and implode it with his hands. Gokū realizes that Beerus isn't fighting at his full strength, causing Beerus to retaliate by blasting Gokū in several directions and then smashes Gokū into an island. On the island, Beerus punches Gokū several times; Gokū counters by headbutting Beerus. Beerus then smashes Gokū several times into the sky and then into orbit. In Earth's orbit, Gokū recovers; Beerus throws an Atomic Sphere at Gokū which Gokū deflects.
Beerus then creates hundreds of Atomic Spheres and fires them; Gokū uses his Kamehameha to destroy all the Atomic Spheres. Suddenly, Beerus impales Gokū, disappointed that Gokū is not the one he is looking for nor the Saiyan foretold in the prophesy. Gokū falls from Earth's orbit and eventually into the ocean. Sinking, Gokū is amazed by Beerus' strength and surprised that he never knew such power existed. Gokū begins regenerating due to the Super Saiyan God power and flies back into orbit to confront Beerus; Gokū declares that he still has much more to demonstrate with his newfound god-like power. Beerus is surprised and impressed with how far Gokū has come. Beerus decides to award Gokū's efforts by showing Gokū his full power.
As the Dragon Team try and catch up with Gokū and Beerus' battle, their plane has engine trouble. Back down on the cruise ship, Vegeta continues to stare straight up into stratosphere, trying to watch the fight. Whis appears and offers to show him the battle with his staff, but the Saiyan prince refuses. Beerus disappears and tries to chop Gokū's neck, but Gokū catches his hand, saying that the same trick won't work twice, to which Beerus agrees. Gokū and Beerus power up and start to utilize their true power, the impact of their punches sends huge shockwaves throughout the universe. In the Kaiōshin Realm, the Old Kaioshin fears that if Gokū and Beerus keep clashing, then the universe will crumble. Kibito Kaiōshin telepathically contacts Gokū to try and stop the fight, but is ignored. Instead, the two power up once more and punch each other the same as before, producing even more shock waves.
On Earth, Mr. Satan, who had received the the media' contact, calls Gohan to ask him about what is happening. Suddenly, Bulma's ship plummets down to the cruise ship. However, Whis stops the ship from crashing down using telekinesis and lands it safely. Up above Earth, Gokū and Beerus clash again for a third time. Although, this time Gokū manages to match Beerus' punch with his own, cancelling out the attack. Beerus is impressed with Gokū's progression and commends him for making it this far; Gokū thanks Beerus because of him he has been able to reach a new level of power.
Gokū and Beerus clash again, with Gokū managing to keep up with Beerus and is able to land a punch against the Hakaishin. Beerus throws another atom-like ki ball when Gokū counters with a Kamehameha, and as Beerus pours more and more power into the ball, the two ki attacks struggle against each other, producing more shock waves. Suddenly, Gokū's counterattack begins pushing back Beerus' and he notes that his Super Saiyan God powers keep increasing and it hasn't reached the limit after all. The two push their attacks at one another; the struggle causes a huge explosion which completely covers Earth's skies.
Gokū's Kamehameha and Beerus' Atomic Sphere merge together and become an ultra high density ki sphere. Gokū and Beerus push the ultra high density ki sphere at each other, with both sides struggling to gain the momentum against each other. The struggle between Gokū and Beerus sends shockwaves throughout Earth and causes natural disasters. On the cruise ship, Whis notes that Earth along with many planets nearby will be destroyed due to the struggle. Mr. Satan asks Whis to stop the fighting by bribing him with an "all you can eat throughout the country" ticket. Although the offer is tempting, Whis refuses it. Back in stratosphere, the struggle between Gokū and Beerus continues; the ultra high density ki sphere soon explodes and envelopes Earth in a bright light. However, Earth is not destroyed. Whis is surprised that Beerus decided to take that course of action.
The Hakaishin tells Gokū that he nullified the ultra high density ki sphere and turned it to nothing; Gokū says that is impossible but Beerus explains that he can by using 100% of his power, much to Gokū's astonishment, shocked that he still had that much power. Beerus explains that he didn't want to use his 100% full power against a mere Saiyan. However, because the circumstances are different now, Beerus decided that he doesn't want to lose against Gokū.
Gokū and Beerus fight at 100% full power, hitting each other blow for blow. Beerus prepares to fire a ki blast at Gokū's chest, but Gokū grabs Beerus and head butts him repeatedly which allows Gokū to break free of Beerus' grasp. Gokū and Beerus clash again. However, Beerus sees that Gokū's Super Saiyan God form's time limit has nearly reached its end; Beerus commends Gokū for making him use so much power even though he is a mere Saiyan. Gokū's Super Saiyan God form runs out and he returns to being a Super Saiyan. On the cruise ship, Piccolo senses Gokū's ki as well as everyone else and realize what has occured; Whis informs them that their assumptions are correct and that Gokū's Super Saiyan God transformation has ended and has returned to a Super Saiyan. Whis sees how happy Beerus is and states that the last time he has seen Beerus so happy was about 900 years ago. Whis prepares to leave with his food souvenir but Piccolo grabs hold of him. Suddenly, Vegeta fires a ki blast at Piccolo, causing Piccolo to let go. Piccolo interprets Vegeta's ki blast as a sign to not panic.
In Earth's atmosphere, Gokū continues fighting Beerus even though he doesn't realize that he is no longer a Super Saiyan God, struggling to hit Beerus. Surprisingly, Gokū lands a punch against Beerus, much to the Hakaishin's shock and another hit is delivered successfully . Beerus informs Gokū about him losing his Super Saiyan God powers which surprises Gokū, although Gokū feels that he has not lost any power. Beerus explains that Gokū has contained the Super Saiyan God power within his body, allowing him to use its godly power even without the transformation.
Gokū and Beerus clash again with Gokū managing to hold his own even though he is just a Super Saiyan. While they are fighting, Gokū and Beerus laugh because they are having a great time.Beerus and Gokū continue their fierce battle, with Gokū being able to hold his own against the mighty Hakaishin. Both Beerus and Gokū hit each other blow for blow eventually taking their battle into Earth's ocean. In the ocean, Gokū manages to deliver a powerful punch against Beerus, but the Hakaishin retaliates with many hits. Beerus takes Gokū above the ocean and kicks him away; Gokū gets up and fires a Kamehameha against Beerus. However, Beerus nullifies and voids out Gokū's Kamehameha, reminding the Saiyan that he has the ability to do so. Beerus goes on the offensive, forcing Gokū to defend himself. Suddenly, Gokū is surrounded by many Beerus' that fire Atomic Spheres at Gokū which hit him. Beerus thinks that he has won, but is surprised that Gokū survived the blasts; Gokū goes on the offensive and throws a punch at Beerus who blocks the punch. Gokū launches himself and Beerus into Earth's atmosphere, much to the Hakaishin's surprise.
In Earth's atmosphere, Gokū's Super Saiyan transformation wears off and Gokū returns to normal, battered and tired. Beerus commends Gokū for making the Super Saiyan God's power his own and for making him use almost all of his power. Beerus tells Gokū to keep what he said between them a secret; that he regretted having sought after Gokū. Gokū tries to chuckle, but is infuriated that he could not defeat Beerus. Beerus appears before Gokū and prepares to flick Gokū on the head with his finger, deciding that their battle should end how it began. Beerus flicks his finger against Gokū, causing the injured and tired Gokū to fall down to Earth.
While falling, Gokū remembers that Beerus will destroy the Earth along with his loved ones if he should lose. Gokū musters all his remaining energy, transforms into a Super Saiyan and flies back towards Beerus. Beerus is shocked at Gokū's tenacity but welcomes it. Gokū launches a Kamehameha at Beerus; the Hakaishin fires an Atomic Sphere at Gokū. The two attacks merge into a sun like energy sphere similar to before. Beerus decides to use the sun like energy sphere as his trump card to defeat Gokū and destroy Earth. Gokū struggles to stop the massive energy sphere, returning to normal in the process. Gokū, with all his might, disperses the sun-like energy sphere. Before falling unconscious, Gokū tells Beerus that his status as a god does not allow him to decide the limits of a person. Gokū becomes unconscious and falls towards the Earth.
Gokū falls towards the cruise ship and Vegeta catches him. As Gokū thanks Vegeta, Beerus appears on the cruise ship with the Dragon Team ready to fight him. Whis commends the former and requests that he return home and recuperate, in an attempt to sway the Hakaishin from destroying Earth. Beerus intends to keep good on his promise and aims to destroy the planet as a result of winning his fight against Gokū by charging up a ki blast, but misses the Earth entirely due to suddenly falling asleep. Whis informs a flabbergasted Dragon Team that the Hakaishin is tired, and explains that while Beerus won't wake up in a good mood, he'll likely forget about the destruction of Earth. Whis also informs the Dragon Team to make sure they have pudding the next time he and Beerus arrive, to which Bulma assures, but demands that Earth will not be destroyed if Beerus does not like the pudding. Whis responds that Beerus will be quite angry if he does not like it regardless, which annoys Bulma. Before Whis departs with Beerus, the former says he'll reward Gokū for giving Beerus a good time. On the way home, Whis tells Beerus wake up from his "sleep", but Beerus reassures his attendant that he actually was sleeping. Whis and Beerus discuss that Earth has the ability to change people, and Whis speculates that Beerus saying he'd show Gokū his 100% of his power was a lie in order to draw out the Saiyan's full power, which Beerus confirms.
Back on Earth, Gokū is eating; Gohan approaches his father and apologizes to him. Gokū doesn't know what Gohan is talking about and instead asks his son to eat with him. Gokū then tells Vegeta that next time he will become a Super Saiyan God. However, Vegeta declares that he will become a Super Saiyan God with his own strength and will defeat Gokū. Gokū remembers that Vegeta became incredibly powerful after Beerus attacked Bulma, much to Vegeta's embarrassment. Piccolo realizes that Gokū was watching what occurred between the Dragon Team and Beerus the entire time, much to everyone's shock.
Meanwhile, Pilaf Gang is rowing at sea; Pilaf declares that he will find the Dragon Balls.The peace returns to Earth again. One day, Gokū, Chi-Chi and Goten are having breakfast when Gokū asks Chi-Chi if he can go and train with North Kaiō, to which Chi-Chi forbits. Chi-Chi explains that the 100 million zeni they have has been used up and as a result she and Gokū must find work in order to help their expecting grandchild, making Gokū disappointed as he would rather train than work. At Gohan's house, Videl tries to make breakfast, but Gohan decides to prepare breakfast instead as he doesn't want her overworked. Elsewhere, Vegeta is training and declares that he will surpass Gokū.
Mark heads off to a press conference to explain the mysterious phenomenon that occurred. Mark explains that he was confronting the Hakaishin called "Beebus" (due to Mark being unable to remember Beerus' name) who selected Earth to destroy next. To prevent this tragedy, Mark challenged "Beebus" to a fight. However, Mark was on the verge of losing until he awakened the power of a God. Now a God (which looks suspiciously similar to Super Saiyan), Mark used his newfound power to defeat "Beebus," saving the Earth. The crowd applauds Mark for saving the Earth once again.
Suddenly, a spaceship appears. Two cat-like beings come forth from the spaceship; they simply explain that they are Snakians from the planet Snak and have come to Earth to congratulate the person who managed to fend off the Hakaishin Beerus as well as extend their gratitude by giving the person an award. Mark declares that he is the person to defeat the Hakaishin. The Snakian ambassador prepares to give the Hero's Medal to Mark. However, Galbi, the hero of Snak, doesn't believe that Mark is truly the one and challenge him to a fight.
Not wanting to fight Galbi because he knows he can't win, Mark makes an excuse to go to the toilet in order to call the Dragon Team to fight on his behalf but to no avail. Mark arrives back and sees that an arena has been prepared for him and Galbi. When they prepare to fight, Gokū suddenly flies by with a broken tractor in hand and decides to watch their fight. Mark approaches Gokū and convinces him to fight Galbi instead in exchange for fixing his tractor to which Gokū approves. Gokū prepares to fight, but Chi-Chi happens to carry a hug load of groceries for Gohan and Videl and having Piccolo help as payback for always eating at their place for free. Gokū panics, and in an attempt to prevent Chi-Chi from seeing him out fighting, he asks Mark to hit him, then pretends to be knocked out only to go away.
With no one left to help him, Mark has no choice but to fight Galbi. The battle begins with Mark dodging Galbi's attacks. When the crowd begin to doubt Mark's strength, he decides to not run away and stands firm before Galbi, who seems to punch him square in the face, but stops just short of making contact. Galbi suddenly flees back to the Snakian spaceship in fear and the other two Snakians also see Bee and follow behind as well, then the Snakian spaceship leaves Earth and travels home. Thinking that he won, Mark takes the Hero's Medal from Bee's mouth and declares to the crowd that he demonstrated the power of a God; the crowd applaud Mark for his victory again.
Later that night, Goten wonder why Gokū is still out, which Chi-Chi promises to give him lots of "rest" once he gets back. Meanwhile, Gokū is sneaking outside, starving but too scared to come home.
n the Kaiōshin Realm, the Old Kaiōshin and Kibito Kaiōshin observe the universe. They see that peace still persists since the battle between Gokū and Beerus. However, they see that two planets that have vanished did not leave any debris behind; Kibito Kaiōshin speculates that the two planets disappeared through the use of magic. The Old Kaiōshin decides to observe something on Earth, to which Kibito Kaiōshin scolds his superior (thinking that he is peeping on bikini girls again). However, the Old Kaiōshin responds that he is observing a rhinoceros beetle fight on Earth, causing Kibito Kaiōshin to apologize.
On Earth where the peace continues, Gokū continues his job as a radish farmer. Gokū sleeps while the tractor drives around. The arrival of Kuririn wakes Gokū up. Gokū tells Kuririn that Chi-Chi is forcing him to work because of their expecting grandchild and would rather train to which Kuririn notes that Gokū is having a difficult time. Gokū asks Kuririn to drive the tractor for him while he does some training because he wants to surpass Beerus. Kuririn notes that there is now a huge gap between them; Kuririn reminisces about the past where he and Gokū first started training under Muten Rōshi and since then, Gokū has become powerful enough to hold his own against Gods like Beerus. Kuririn asks Gokū to punch him in order to see how strong Gokū has become. Gokū is skeptical at first but Kuririn insists. Gokū relents and hits Kuririn in the face, sending him flying. Gokū uses Instantaneous Movement to try and catch Kuririn but fails. Gokū takes Kuririn back to his home to attend to his wounds. 18 scolds Kuririn for asking Gokū to punch him, but Kuririn states that he wanted to know if giving up martial arts was the right choice and decides that it was the correct choice. Seeing that nobody is around, Gokū transforms into a Super Saiyan and begins training, after Kuririn told him that he wants to watch Gokū become even stronger.
Meanwhile, Vegeta continues his own training. At a restaurant, Bulma treats Whis to delicious food. Whis enjoys the delicious food and apologizes to Bulma for the trouble, to which Bulma replies that its fine since they are friends. At Capsule Corporation, Vegeta returns as well as Bulma and Whis. Vegeta is shocked to see Whis who responds that he comes to Earth sometimes to hang out with Bulma and eat delicious food. Vegeta demands that Whis take him to Beerus so that he can challenge him. However, Bulma pulls Vegeta away to explain to him that if he challenges the Hakaishin will come to Earth and try to destroy it again. Bulma and Whis prepare to leave in order to have desert. Vegeta tries to get Whis to take him by force, but Whis uses his ki to immobilize the Saiyan prince. Vegeta asks what Whis is, to which Whis explains that he is Beerus’ teacher, which shocks Bulma and Vegeta. Whis tells Vegeta that his training has made him stronger since Beerus came to Earth and advises Vegeta that he must control his ki more properly in order to become stronger which would allow him to even surpass Gokū. Seeing that Whis can help him surpass his limitations, Vegeta stops Whis in his tracks, bows before him and asks Whis to train him. However, Whis replies that he will accept Vegeta as a student only if he becomes a Hakaishin. Before Bulma and Whis leave, Vegeta proposes that he will treat Whis to the most delicious food Earth has to offer in exchange for becoming his student; Vegeta takes Whis to many restaurants but Vegeta’s efforts are in vain as Bulma has taken Whis to the restaurants before. Desperate to get Whis to train him, Vegeta decides to cook for Whis only to fail. As one last ditch effort, Vegeta gives Whis the food that Bulma has hidden from him; a cup of noodles. Whis tastes the noodles and finds it to be magnificent; Whis decides to take Vegeta to planet Beerus. Before leaving, Bulma gives Vegeta new and improved combat jacket for him to wear while training. After a few moments, Vegeta and Whis arrive on Beerus' planet.
Six months have passed since the battle between Gokū and Beerus. During that time, Gohan and Videl's child has been born, a girl named Pan. At Gohan and Videl's house, Mr. Satan is playing with Pan. Gohan returns from a science conference and decides to spend time with Pan by play fighting with Mr. Satan. Chi-Chi arrives to see Pan and scolds Gohan and Mr. Satan for putting Pan at risk with their play fighting. However, Gohan tells his mother that Pan has Saiyan blood within her, but Chi-Chi still doesn't like the fact that they are showing her fighting, worried that Pan might become a fight-loving-idiot like her grandfather Gokū and wants her to grow up like a normal girl. However, Mr. Satan retorts, wanting Pan to become a great martial artist like him. Soon, Mr. Satan and Chi-Chi argue over Pan's future. After Gohan calms them down, Chi-Chi declares that she won't let Pan become a martial artist.
Elsewhere, Gokū is watering the radish field. Bulma is going out for a haircut but soon becomes involved in a bank robbery chase after the bank robbers damage her car. Bulma chases after the bank robbers and manages to stop them. The police officer chasing after the bank robbers reveals himself to be Kuririn. After the bank robbers are arrested, Kuririn explains that he managed to become a police officer after finally passing the police academy exam during his third attempt. Bulma congratulates Kuririn to which he thanks her for but admonishes her for getting herself in danger. Kuririn gives Bulma a traffic fine for speeding and dangerous driving, much to Bulma's anger. Kuririn's phone rings and answers; it is Gohan who tells him to come to his house.
At Gohan's house, Gohan explains to Bulma, Kuririn and Gokū that Chi-Chi and Videl locked themselves in a room with Pan after Gohan and Mr. Satan showed irresponsible behavior. In the locked room, Chi-Chi asks Videl about Pan's future and how she wants to raise her. Outside the locked room, Bulma decides to help out in exchange for her traffic fine being cancelled but Kuririn refuses to cancel her fine. Bulma decides to help out regardless. After telling that's its her, Bulma is taken into the room by Chi-Chi. Videl has a discussion with Bulma and Chi-Chi about Pan. Eventually, Videl decides that she wants Pan to grow up however she wants. After Bulma mentions that Vegeta is training with Whis instead of working, a flabbergasted Gokū breaks into the room; Bulma explains that six months ago Vegeta went with Whis to train, much to Gokū's shock.
After fixing the broken wall, Gokū asks Bulma when Whis will return as he wants to train with Whis as well; Bulma speculates that Whis will return in one or two months, but Gokū does not want to wait that long and desires to begin training immediately. However, Chi-Chi refuses to allow it. Kuririn whispers to Gokū that he can use Instantaneous Movement by sensing Vegeta's ki to travel to Whis' location; Gokū tries to sense Vegeta's ki but to no avail as he is too far away. Gokū decides that he has no choice but to wait.
Gokū starts to annoy Bulma by visiting her to ask about Whis, thus Bulma decides to give Gokū a phone and will call him when Whis arrives. Gokū waits anxiously for Bulma's call. Eventually after some time, Bulma phones Gokū to tell him that Whis has returned. Gokū changes into his fighting uniform and flies to Capsule Corporation.
At Capsule Corporation, Gokū asks Whis to train him, to which Whis grants Gokū's request. Before leaving, Whis decides to have his meal. However, Gokū's impatience starts to annoy Whis and Bulma warns Gokū that Whis might change his mind if he keeps annoying Whis; Gokū relents and decides to wait patiently. After Whis finishes his meal, Chi-Chi arrives and has found out Gokū's plan to train. Gokū tries to convince Chi-Chi to allow him to train, but Chi-Chi refuses and even Gohan and Goten's requests to allow Gokū to train fall on deaf's ears. Whis decides to leave, causing Gokū to apologize to Chi-Chi and grabs onto Whis. Whis and Gokū begin traveling to Beerus' Planet. Chi-Chi relents after knowing the inevitable would happen and knows Gokū will return when he's hungry.
While traveling, Whis asks Gokū if it was okay to leave like that, to which Gokū tells Whis that he is sure Chi-Chi understands well. Gohan says that he will look after his mother, telling his father to train to his heart's content.
Gokū and Whis arrive at planet Beerus. Vegeta welcomes Whis home while Whis tells Vegeta that he has brought Gokū along with him because he wants to receive training as well, although the Saiyan prince isn't surprised since he knew Gokū would come sooner or later. Gokū remarks on Vegeta's ki and notes that it has a different quality to it than when he was on Earth six months ago.
After Whis leaves to attend to his sweets that he received from Bulma, Vegeta takes Gokū to Beerus' bedroom. Vegeta gives Gokū an apron to wear like him and explains that their job is to change Beerus' sheets and blanket. However, the simple job proves to be a challenge as Beerus' sleeping antics (such as randomly hitting anything in his bed's vicinity) and not wanting to disturb a grumpy Hakaishin prevents the Saiyan duo from accomplishing the job. Eventually, Beerus grabs Gokū's leg in an arm lock; Vegeta tells Gokū to levitate himself, which gives Vegeta the opportunity to change Beerus' sheets and blankets. After successfully changing the sheets and blankets, Vegeta manages to make Beerus levitate down to his bed and let Gokū go with dried sardine, to which the Hakaishin takes the bait and eats the dried sardine. With Beerus sleeping on his clean sheets and blanket, Vegeta declares the job to be done; Gokū asks if Vegeta has been doing this everyday, to which Vegeta exclaims that what he has been doing is merely chores, much to Gokū's shock.
While cleaning the outside of the castle, Vegeta explains that Whis will train then as long as they do chores. Next, Vegeta and Gokū clean the Oracle Fish's bowls and afterwards they must cut a field of grass. As they cut the grass, Vegeta tells Gokū that after doing the chores their training will begin. Motivated, Gokū decides to finish cutting the grass before Vegeta, to which Vegeta refuses to let Gokū train first. The Saiyan duo cut the grass at a fast pace, allowing them to complete the chore. Whis appears and decides to begin the training. Before the training begins, Whis presents Gokū with a new dogi to wear while training. Gokū changes into his new clothes and thanks Whis.
The training begins; Whis explains that Gokū and Vegeta must put their hands into weights and lift it up. Then, they must run a lap around Beerus' Planet while carrying the weights. Gokū tries lifting his weights but finds it to be difficult. Vegeta demonstrates for Gokū but finds difficulty as well, to which Whis explains that he doubled Vegeta's weights. Eventually, Gokū and Vegeta manage to lift their weights and begin their lap. However, Whis tells them to start running because if they don't the path behind them will disappear and if they fall off they will be thrown into another dimension, never able to return. Despite the incredible weights hindering them, Gokū and Vegeta pick up the pace and manage to outrun the disappearing path. While running, Gokū asks Vegeta if he has been doing this everyday, but Vegeta replies that carrying the weights is nothing more than the tip of the iceberg and warns Gokū to brace himself for what is next. Whis is surprised to see Gokū and Vegeta handle the training well. Suddenly, the Oracle Fish appears who tells Whis that it is time; Whis teleports Gokū and Vegeta to Beerus' bedroom which is what Vegeta warned Gokū about. The sleeping Hakaishin attacks the Saiyan duo in a grumpy rage and blasts them with an Atomic Sphere from his mouth, then falls back into his deep slumber. Gokū and Vegeta survive Beerus' Atomic Sphere, which pleases Whis and decides to end their training for today.
Later that night in a room within the castle, Gokū is exhausted from the training and is impressed that he is still alive after being hit by Beerus' unrestrained Atomic Sphere. Gokū admits that the training is great but dislikes the chores, to which Vegeta tells Gokū that he won't let him skip out of his chores, but Gokū has fallen asleep already.
While playing a game, the Oracle Fish asks Whis if his training is a bit too harsh. Whis explains that Gokū and Vegeta's strength is the height of a tree while the strength of a god is the height of the castle, saying that they must raise the level of their ki without becoming Super Saiyan otherwise they won't become stronger. Whis wonders if the Oracle Fish is concerned for the Saiayn duo, but the Oracle Fish replies that if they die then the great amount of snacks he will get will stop. As Gokū is sleeping, Vegeta is continuing his training by lifting the heavy weights from earlier, not wanting to lose to Gokū.
The next day, Whis explains that Gokū and Vegeta's training will be a sparing session with him, which surprises Vegeta who has never spared with Whis before. Gokū and Vegeta attack Whis who easily dodges their every attack. Whis stops Gokū and Vegeta, explaining that they are not fast enough because they think too much which puts a limit on their speed. Whis explains that to increase their speed, each part of their body must think independently which is a difficult technique to master, saying that even Beerus has not perfected this technique. However, Whis says that mastering this technique will enable them to avoid any dangerous situation that may arise.
Elsewhere in the universe on Sorbet's spaceship, a soldier informs Sorbet that the natives' uprising on Planet 448 is heating up and their men cannot hold out any longer. Sorbet orders more soldiers to be sent there but the soldier replies that there are not enough men. Sorbet decides to withdraw from the planet. Suddenly, a beam of light causes Sorbet's spaceship to spin out of control. The beam of light stop at a planet and two individuals appear. The female (who looks similar to Whis) tells Champa (a bulky version of Beerus) that they have arrived. Champa orders the female who he calls Vados to destroy the planet. With a simple tap of her staff, Vados destroys the planet. However, Champa notes the destroyed planet was not their destination, to which Vados says that it wasn't the right place from the beginning, much to Champa's chagrin who is annoyed that Vados didn't tell him sooner but Vados defends herself saying that he would not have listened to her. Champa orders Vados to go to the next planet; the mysterious duo begin traveling to their next destination.
|#||English title||Kanji title||Rōmaji title||Japanese airdate|
|1||Who Will the 100 Million Zeni Peace Reward Go To…?!||平和の報酬１億ゼニーは誰の手に！？||Heiwa no Hōshū Ichioku Zenī wa Dare no Te ni!?||July 5, 2015|
|2||Onward to the Promised Resort! Vegeta Goes on a Family Trip?!||約束のリゾートへ！ベジータが家族旅行！？||Yakusoku no Rizōto e! Bejīta ga Kazoku Ryokō!?||July 12. 2015|
|3||Where Does the Dream Continue?! The Search for Super Saiyan God!||夢の続きはどこだ！？超サイヤ人ゴッドを探せ！||Yume no Tsuzuki wa Dokoda!? Sūpā Saiyajin Goddo wo Sagase!||July 19, 2015|
|4||Aim for the Dragon Balls! Pilaf Gang's Grand Strategy!||目指せドラゴンボール！ピラフ一味の大作戦！||Mezase Doragon Bōru! Pirafu Ichimi no Daisakusen!||August 2, 2015|
|5||Decisive Battle on Kaiō's Planet! Gokū versus Hakaishin Beerus||界王星の決戦！悟空ＶＳ破壊神ビルス||Kaiōkai no Kessen! Gokū Tai Hakaishin Birusu||August 9, 2015|
|6||Don't Anger the Hakaishin! The Heart Pounding Birthday Party||破壊神を怒らせるな！ドキドキ誕生パーティー||Hakaishin o Okoraseru na! Doki-Doki Tanjō Pātī||August 16, 2015|
|7||How Dare You Hit My Bulma! Vegeta's Furious Mutation?!||よくもオレのブルマを！ベジータ怒りの突然変異！？||Yokumo Ore no Buruma o! Bejīta Ikari no Totsuzenhen'i!?||August 23, 2015|
|8||Gokū Steps Up! The Last Chance From Beerus-sama?!||悟空見参だ！ビルス様からのラストチャンス！？||Tsu ni Gokū ga Kenzan da! Birusu-sama Kara no Rasuto Chansu!?||August 30, 2015|
|9||Sorry About the Wait, Beerus-sama — Finally, Super Saiyan God is Born!||お待たせ、ビルス様 ついに超サイヤ人ゴッド誕生！||O Matase, Birusu-sama Tsui ni Sūpā Saiya-jin Goddo Tanjō!||September 6, 2015|
|10||Show Me, Gokū! The Power of Super Saiyan God!!||見せろ悟空！超サイヤ人ゴッドのパワー！！||Misero Gokū! Sūpā Saiya-jin Goddo no Pawā!!||September 13, 2015|
|11||Let's Keep Going Beerus-sama! The Battle of Gods Continues!||続けようぜビルス様！神と神の戦いを！||Tsudukeyō ze Birusu-sama! Kami to Kami no Tatakai o!||September 20, 2015|
|12||The Universe Crumbles?! Clash! The Hakaishin versus Super Saiyan God!||宇宙が砕ける！？激突！破壊神ＶＳ超サイヤ人ゴッド！||Uchū ga Kudakeru! Haikaishin Tai Sūpā Saiya-jin Goddo!||September 27, 2015|
|13||Gokū, Go Surpass Super Saiyan God!||悟空よ、超サイヤ人ゴッドを越えて行け！||Gokū yo, Sūpā Saiya-jin Goddo o Koete Ike!||October 4, 2015|
|14||This is All of My Power! The Battle of Gods Concludes!||これがオラのありったけの力だ！決着！神と神||Kore ga Ora no Arittake no Chikarada! Ketchaku! Kami to Kami||October 11, 2015|
|15||Heroic Satan, Cause a Miracle! A Challenge From Outer Space!!||勇者サタンよ奇跡を起こせ！宇宙からの挑戦状！！||Yūsha Satan yo Kiseki o Okose! Uchū Kara no Chōsenjō!!||October 18, 2015|
|16||Vegeta Becomes a Pupil?! Take Down Whis!||ベジータが弟子入り！？ウイスを攻略せよ！||Bejīta ga Deshi'iri!? Uisu o Kōryakuse yo!||October 25, 2015|
|17||Pan is Born! And Gokū Goes Off on a Training Journey?!||パン誕生！そして悟空は修行の旅へ！？||Pan Tanjō! Soshite Gokū wa Shugyō no Tabi e!?||November 1, 2015|
|18||I've Come Too! Training Begins on Beerus' Planet!||オラも来たゾ！ビルス星で修行開始だ！||Ora mo Kita zo! Birusu-sei de Shugyō Kaishi da!||November 8, 2015|
|#||English title||Kanji title||Rōmaji title||Japanese release date|
|1||The Hakaishin's Prophetic Dream||Hakaishin no Yochimu||June 20, 2015|
|2||Gokū's Defeat||Gokū no Haiboku||July 18, 2015|
|3||Beerus' Wrath||ビルスの||Birusu no Ikari||August 21, 2015|
|4||God and God||Kami to Kami||September 19, 2015|
Differences with Dragon Ball Z: God and God
- In Super episode 2, Gregory is present. However, he is not present either in the movie or in the manga, as he was developed and designed by Akira Toriyama as extra material for the Dragon Ball Z anime series.
- In Super episode 3, Bulma's birthday party takes place on a cruise ship. In the movie, her birthday party takes place on land near Capsule Corporation.
- In addition, in this episode, the bingo tournament held at Bulma's birthday party was titled "Super Bingo Tournament" (超ビンゴ大会). In the movie, it was simply titled "Bingo Tournament" (ビンゴ大会).
- Furthermore, in this episode, even the Oracle Fish had forgotten the term "Super Saiyan God", and Beerus had threatened her by claiming to drop two of her regular three feeding times if she did not remember. This was not present in the movie, and the Oracle Fish remembered the moment Beerus requested the information.
- Moreover, in the episode, after being told by the Oracle Fish of the Super Saiyan God, Beerus took a hot bath. In the movie, after conversing with the Oracle Fish, Beerus and Whis headed directly to North Kaiō's planet.
- Additionally, in this episode, Whis informed Beerus of Gokū beating Freeza while the Hakaishin was bathing, and Beerus had intended to head to Kaiō's planet. In the movie, Whis informed Beerus of this after the Hakaishin woke up to eat, and they encountered the Oracle Fish before leaving.
- In Super episode 4, when the Pilaf Gang meets Goten and Trunks, they showed their gratitude to the children for helping them get on the cruise ship. In the movie, the gang gets scared of Goten and Trunks due to the former's physical resemble to Gokū and runs away from them, while Trunks develops a crush on Mai. This however, does not take place in Super.
- In Super episode 5, Beerus himself says that he destroyed North Kaiō's planet and reduced its size due to the bad tasting food Kaiō served during his last visit. In the movie, Whis notes that Beerus destroyed North Kaiō's planet after losing a game of "hide-and-seek". However, Akira Toriyama himself noted that it was because Beerus lost to Kaiō in a car racing video game.
- In addition, in the episode, Gregory was attempting to keep Gokū in North Kaiō's house in order to prevent the Saiyan from being spotted by Beerus (which failed). In the movie, Gokū was hiding in Kaiō's home by himself.
- Furthermore, in this episode, Gokū did not change from his track suit to his Turtle School gi until he had to fight Beerus. In the movie, Gokū changed long before Beerus arrived.
- Moreover, in the episode, during his fight with Beerus, Gokū fought the Hakaishin with all three Super Saiyan transformations as the battle progressed. In the movie, he only transforms to the first two stages, and fights the deity with only the Super Saiyan 3 transformation.
- Additionally, in this episode, North Kaiō warns Vegeta, after he trains at Capsule Corporation and while being at Bulma's birthday party, of Beerus' arrival. In the movie, North Kaiō contacted Vegeta while he was training at Capsule Corporation and before arriving at Bulma's party.
- In Super episode 6, Bulma had met Beerus and Whis shortly after the Hakaishin was intimidating Vegeta by causing him to fall to the ground. In the movie, Bulma was drunk while she met Beerus.
- In addition, in the episode, Beerus gets angry when Goten and Trunks knock his food out of his hand with water guns, and Vegeta attempts to stop Beerus' from angrily destroying the Earth by preparing takoyaki for him, which temporarily succeeds. In the movie, Beerus gets angry when his forehead is hit from bullets deflected from a drunk Gohan that were shot from Mai's gun that she held on Trunks' head (a scene that was omitted altogether in Super). In order to distract Beerus, Vegeta performs the Bingo Dance.
- Furthermore, when Vegeta recalls his first memory of Beerus, Vegeta is depicted with a different hairstyle with bangs over his head despite Vegeta's statement that a Saiyan's hair does not change from the moment he or she is born in the manga. However, the movie stayed true to Vegeta's statement and young Vegeta was depicted with the widow's peak that he currently has.
- In Super episode 7, Gotenks, without becoming a Super Saiyan, fights Beerus but is defeated when the Hakaishin repeatedly slaps his wrist. In the movie, Gotenks transforms into Super Saiyan, but loses the fight after Beerus gives him a spanking.
- In addition, in this episode, Beerus manages to damage Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and Android No. 18 (who all speak to the Hakaishin before charging after him) without making contact with them after dodging their onslaught of attacks. In the movie, no such conversation was present and Beerus beat No. 18 with a hit on the back, and then used a pair of chopsticks to throw Tenshinhan and knock out Piccolo.
- Also, the order in which Beerus fights the Dragon Team is changed in this episode. Beerus first defeats Gotenks, and then 18, Tenshinhan, and Piccolo simultaneously. In the movie, Beerus knocked down 18, then Tenshinhan and Piccolo before Gotenks intervened.
- In the episode, Chi-Chi also scolds Kuririn for letting his wife fight before him, but Kuririn tells her he gave up fighting and can't do so in front of his daughter Marron. This conversation was not present in the movie.
- Furthermore, in this episode, when Gohan goes ultimate and charges after Beerus, the extra bang that appears in his hair is not present (but oddly enough, is present in the first theme song of Super), and Gohan makes no change of clothes, and is unable to make any bodily contact with the Hakaishin when Beerus knocks him out by swinging Majin Bū's body to hit him. In the movie, Gohan changes to his Turtle School gi, goes ultimate (with the extra bang in his hair present), and manages to put Beerus in a full nelson before the Hakaishin slams Gohan's head with Majin Bū's and defeats Gohan by kicking him in the stomach.
- Moreover, in the episode, before Beerus intends to destroy the Earth (only to be paused from doing so when Bulma slaps him), the Hakaishin steps on Vegeta's head, claiming the Saiyan is no different than his father. In the movie, this is not present and Beerus claims he will destroy the Earth and kill Vegeta while claiming the Saiyan will maintain his pride and honor while doing so.
- In Super episode 8, while Vegeta is infuriated from Beerus slapping his wife Bulma and gains an incredible power boost due to it, after attacking the Hakaishin, Beerus claims that Vegeta is the only one in a long time to push Beerus into using 10% of his power, also claiming that the Saiyan prince gave him more "fun" than Gokū did on North Kaiō's planet. In the movie, after Vegeta powers up and assaults Beerus, Rōshi claims that Vegeta's anger made him stronger than Gokū.
- In addition, in this episode, when Beerus resolves that the fate of Earth will be decided with a game of Jan Ken, Beerus selects Oolong because he mistakenly assumes that he is the same species as Majin Bū, and Yamcha gives Oolong no advice. In the movie, Yamcha advises Oolong that Beerus most likely selected him as his opponent because the Hakaishin believed that Oolong, being a pig, would be unable to form anything besides "scissors" with his hands, and advises Oolong not to throw "scissors". No such advice was given in the episode, and Oolong ends up throwing "scissors" three times in a row in Super.
- In Super episode 9, Videl reveals that she is pregnant after Whis tells to the Dragon Team that they were running one Saiyan short in order to successfully perform the Super Saiyan God ritual. In the movie, Videl reveals the secret after Dende heals her from a bullet that a drunk Gohan accidentally deflected to her leg.
- In addition, the episode, Shenron mentions that a certain book of mythology on planet Namek contains information on how to create the Super Saiyan God. In the movie, there is no mention of said book.
- Furthermore, in this episode, Shenron asks for Beerus' permission to leave. In the movie, Shenron hastily leaves after fearfully apologizing to Beerus.
- Moreover, Gokū promises Vegeta that the next time, the Saiyans would transform him into a Super Saiyan God. In the movie, however, Gokū made no such promise, and Vegeta demanded that he be the Super Saiyan God the next time they needed that power, to which Gokū agrees to do.
- Additionally, in the episode, there were three attempts at making Gokū a Super Saiyan God. The first failed due to the Dragon Team being one Saiyan short of the requirements given by Shenron to create the Super Saiyan God, before it was revealed that Videl was pregnant with Gohan's child. The second attempt at making Gokū a Super Saiyan God failed despite Videl being there, due to them not using their hearts while flooding Gokū with energy, according to Whis, leading them to succeed on the third attempt. In the movie, there were only two attempts, and Videl was not present on the first attempt at making Gokū a Super Saiyan God, causing the attempt to fail because they were one Saiyan short, but they succeeded on the second attempt when Videl joined in.
- Also, in the episode, Videl's hair had glowed yellow just like that of a Super Saiyan in the Super Saiyan God ritual. However, in the movie, her natural hair color was retained throughout the duration of the ritual.
- Likewise, in this episode, the Super Saiyan God ritual causes atmospheric and climate changes in its surroundings during the transformation sequence. In the movie, none of that happens during the transformation.
- In Super episode 10, Gokū is shown slowly getting accustomed to the power of the Super Saiyan God transformation, growing gradually as the battle wages on. In the movie, this is not present, and Gokū immediately combats Beerus with the new power without showing any apparent adjustment.
- In addition, in the episode, Gokū fires a Kamehameha as a Super Saiyan God in the initial stages of the fight. However, in the movie, Gokū does not fire a Kamehameha until after losing the Super Saiyan God transformation, and fires it as a Super Saiyan during the waning stages of the battle.
- Furthermore, in this episode, Bulma intends to watch the fight and leads most of the Dragon Team to a flying machine to follow the action, leaving Vegeta, Majin Bū, Mister Satan, Videl, Panchy, Brief, Chi-Chi, Gyūmaō and Umigame on the ship. In the movie, Chi-Chi, Gyūmaō, Mister Satan, and presumably everyone else other than Vegeta are on the flying machine, who are lead by Rōshi's intentions to see the battle.
- In Super episodes 10 and 11, Gokū is shown either deflecting or compressing Beerus' sphere attacks while on Earth, over the ocean. However, in the movie, Gokū does not to anything of the sort until the last moment of the battle in space.
- In Super episode 11, after an initial clash above the cruise ship, Gokū and Beerus end up fighting on an island before flying into space. In the movie, Gokū and Beerus fight over the city, in a forest, in a desert, and in an underground cave deep in the ocean before the battle shifts into space.
- Furthermore, in the episode, while the flying machine malfunctions, Gohan and Goten tell Bulma that the reason they are on the ship and cannot closely follow the fight by flying is because they are out of ki, while Vegeta watches the entire fight from the cruise ship. In the movie, any one on the Dragon Team that can fly (other than Pu'ar, Chaozu, Videl and Number 18) does not board the flying machine and instead flies on their own to spectate the fight.
- In addition, in this episode, Gokū is stabbed by Beerus, leaving a hole on his body and causing the Saiyan to fall all the way back to Earth in the ocean, but the Saiyan recovers from said wound due to the Super Saiyan God's regenerative attributes and flies all the way back to space. In the movie, Gokū does not suffer any wound from Beerus nor the Super Saiyan God demonstrate any kind of healing power, and Gokū does not return to Earth until after the battle with Beerus.
- In Super episode 12, Bulma attempts to fly into space as well, but fails to do so when the flying machine is suddenly scorched from the battle between Gokū and Beerus. In the movie, however, the machine does not fly out of the Earth's atmosphere.
- In Super episode 13, Gokū maintains the Super Saiyan God transformation in even while fighting Beerus in space, before eventually reverting to a normal Super Saiyan while retaining the godly power. In the movie, Gokū lost the Super Saiyan God transformation and became a Super Saiyan before fighting in space.
- In Super episode 14, Gokū, in his base state, manages to stop the Beerus Ball (which appears after Super Saiyan Gokū's Kamehameha clashes with Beerus' attack) by punching and destroying it. In the movie, Beerus simply launches the Beerus Ball on Earth after withstanding Gokū's Kamehameha, and Gokū transforms into the Super Saiyan God once again and absorbs the sphere.
- In addition, in the episode, after Gokū loses to Beerus, the Saiyan tells the Hakaishin that the latter cannot decide the limits of a normal being just because Beerus is a God. Shortly after, Gokū falls towards the Earth, only to be caught by Vegeta on the cruise ship. In the movie, Gokū admits defeat to Beerus and they converse (with Beerus confirming Whis being his teacher, the existence of 12 universes and stronger fighters than himself, and that he is the Hakaishin of the Seventh Universe that Gokū resides in), before the Saiyan falls unconscious in space, only to be caught by the Hakaishin and taken safely down to Earth in a mountain range by the Dragon Team.
- Furthermore, in this episode, Beerus intends to destroy the Earth, but misses the planet entirely and blasts his ki into the sky due to randomly falling asleep, and Whis converses with Bulma and Gokū before taking the slumbering Hakaishin back to his planet, while the attendant talks to a now-awake Beerus on the way back. In the movie, Beerus destroys a very small portion of the Earth due to running out of energy, and rides home with Whis while awake, with no extra conversation shown.
- Moreover, in the episode, Gokū had intended to keep good on his promise by making sure Vegeta became a Super Saiyan God. However, Vegeta denied, claiming that he'd surpass the Super Saiyan God and Beerus with his own strength, impressing Gokū. In the movie, Vegeta showed willingness to use the power of the other Saiyans to transform into the Super Saiyan God after demanding to Gokū that he'd be the one to use that power.
- Additionally, in this episode, after Piccolo revealed that Gokū used Instantaneous Movement to watch the Dragon Team battle Beerus, everyone was shocked before Gokū confirmed this. In the movie, only Vegeta, Bulma and Oolong were present when Piccolo revealed this, and Gokū earned the ire of all of them. Unlike the movie, Gokū's suggestion to slap Bulma in order to power up Vegeta (causing Gokū to be slapped by Bulma because of that), was not present in Super.
- In Super chapter 1, Gokū specifically imagines fighting Freeza, Cell, and Majin Bū after passing off the work to Goten. This is not shown in Super episode 1.
- In addition, Beerus' and Whis' entire conversation about "Super Saiyan God" and the prophetic dream from the chapter is not present in the episode.
- Furthermore, in the manga, Beerus destroyed an entire planet occupied by an unnamed insectoid race for attempting to poison him while serving him food. In the anime, Beerus destroys half of a planet occupied by an unnamed hog-like race due to the poor quality of the food served to him. Also, the "Soup Yasai Jinkot" name and joke are not present in the episode.
- Moreover, the anime also shows antics from Goten and Trunks that were not present in the manga adaption.
- Additionally, in the manga, when Gokū saves Goten from falling off a cliff from driving a tractor via Instantaneous Movement, Gokū is a still a Super Saiyan while doing so. In the anime, Gokū saves Goten in his base state.
- Also, in the manga, Mark´s limo driver is a man. In the anime, the driver is replaced by Pizza
- In Super chapter 2, the Oracle Fish tells Beerus that he will meet the Super Saiyan God, and then Whis informs Beerus of Gokū defeating Freeza. In the anime, Beerus takes a hot bath between these events.
- In addition, in the chapter, Beerus claims to have order a being of the dinosaur species to destroy Earth. In the anime, Beerus claims to be responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs on Earth.
- Furthermore, in this chapter, Gokū never wears a track suit like he did in the anime, and in the manga, North Kaiō does not force Gokū to hide in his home away from Beerus like how he did in the anime with the help of Gregory, due to Beerus and Whis suddenly appearing. Gregory is also not present in the manga, while he was in the anime.
- Moreover, when Gokū is training in the chapter, he has a rope tied to his body and a huge boulder in order to train. In the anime, Gokū is shown lifting huge weights.
- Additionally, in the manga, Whis informs Beerus of the Saiyans' ability to transform into Super Saiyans while Beerus recalls all Saiyans having black hair while fighting Gokū. In the anime, Beerus was informed of this from Whis after watching Gokū as a Super Saiyan dominate Freeza while the Hakaishin was bathing on his planet, long before the battle.
- Likewise, in this chapter, Champa and Vados are shown doing their agenda while the fight with Beerus and Gokū takes place, throughout the Battle of Gods Arc in the manga. In the anime, these two do not debut until the Revival of "F" Arc.
- Also, in the chapter, between Beerus' first and second blows to defeat Gokū, the Hakaishin asks if Gokū can transform into a Super Saiyan God after showcasing the Super Saiyan 3 transformation, which Gokū denies. In the anime, no such conversation was present, and Beerus proceeded to knock out Gokū in two blows.
- In Super chapter 3, Beerus' encounter with the Dragon Team in the anime prior to fighting them was skipped entirely in the manga and the Hakaishin was already shown only blowing away Majin Bū, Gohan (who had went ultimate, gained an extra bang of hair from doing so, and was wearing his Turtle School gi) and assaulting Gotenks, who had transformed into a Super Saiyan 3 in an attempt to combat Beerus. Gotenks is later thrown in the water (only to defuse into Goten and Trunks and be saved by Tenshinhan). In the anime, Gotenks never transformed after fusing, and was thrown onto the ship, Gohan never changed his clothes nor gained an extra bang of hair from going ultimate, and Beerus stepping on Vegeta's head was not shown in the manga like it was in the anime. Also, Beerus met the prince for the first time in 39 years during battle in the manga, rather than during the festivities in the anime.
- In addition, in the chapter, Vegeta informs Piccolo and the Dragon Team that battling Beerus is useless, and reveals his identity as the Hakaishin and the most powerful being in the universe. In the anime, it was Gokū who revealed this to Bulma and the rest of the Dragon Team.
- Furthermore, in this chapter, Bulma was shown to be partially awake during Vegeta's rage after she was slapped by Beerus. In the anime, she was temporarily knocked out. Also, in the chapter, Vegeta only fought Beerus over the ocean before kicking him and firing a ki blast at the Hakaishin, and Beerus made no mention of Vegeta surpassing Gokū's power. In the anime, Vegeta pushed Beerus to fight on rocks in the water before blasting him, and Beerus mentioned that Vegeta gave him more "fun" than Gokū did by pushing the Hakaishin into using 10% of his power, a feat no one had done in a while before that encounter.
- Moreover, in this chapter, Champa and Vados meet with Old Kaiōshin and Kibito Kaiōshin, and the latter Kaiōshin rushes to get the Nameccian Dragon Balls in order to protect them. This does not happen in the anime.
- Additionally, in the chapter, Gokū uses Instantaneous Movement to get in front of a Super Saiyan Vegeta in air in order to prevent Beerus from destroying him and the Earth, requesting the Hakaishin's patience. In the anime, while Vegeta is not a Super Saiyan and while Beerus prepares to destroy the Earth, Gokū reveals himself on the top of the cruise ship, asking Beerus to wait.
- In Super chapter 4, after Shenron reveals to the Dragon Team the requirements of making a Super Saiyan God, Gokū successfully becomes a God in the first attempt. In the anime, it took three tries for Gokū to become a God.
- In addition, in this chapter, Gohan claimed he couldn't sense his father's ki after Gokū transformed into a Super Saiyan God, and Piccolo informed his former student that normal beings cannot sense the ki of Gods, impressing Whis. In the anime, Whis had told Gohan that non-gods cannot sense godly ki.
- Furthermore, in the chapter, Gokū and Beerus initially clashed on the ship rather than above it in the anime, and the two ended up fighting over a city before ending up in space. In the anime, these two never fought near a city, and combated each other over the ocean and on an island before heading into space.
- Moreover, in this chapter, Gokū maintained the Super Saiyan God transformation for the entire fight, and destroyed the Beerus Ball with a Kamehameha before finally running out of energy and reverting to his base state. In the anime, Gokū had lost the Super Saiyan God transformation, but retained the godly power as a normal Super Saiyan, and Gokū's Kamehameha clashing with one of Beerus' attacks caused the Beerus Ball to appear, and Gokū destroyed it by punching it in his base state.
- Additionally, in the chapter, after Gokū ran out of energy from destroying Beerus' attack, Beerus holds off on destroying the Earth, and informs the Gokū that he is the Hakaishin of the seventh universe, with there being twelve in all, and that Whis is his master, before both the Hakaishin and his attendant fly off. In the anime, there was no such conversation or revelation, and Gokū had fallen to Earth (only to be caught by Vegeta), and Beerus had intended to destroy the Earth before randomly falling asleep.
- Also, in this chapter, Champa had destroyed one of the ships from Freeza's Army, which contained character Guarana, who has not yet appeared in the anime. In the anime, however, Champa and Vados simply fly past a ship from Freeza's Army that contained Sorbet and his henchman, and Champa gets Vados to destroy a planet.
- This arc (and thus, the series itself) is stated to take place six months after the fight with the pure Majin Bū in Weekly Shōnen Jump. However, the 2013 exhibition, The World of Dragon Ball, states Dragon Ball Z: God and God, the movie in which the arc is based upon, is stated to take place four years after the battle with Bū, in properly fitting the timeline in Age 778. This discrepancy was cleared up after the narrator confirmed in the first Dragon Ball Super episode that these events take place some time (presumably four years) after the six-month-period in which all Earthlings had their memories of Majin Bū erased.
- On December 02, 2016, a special manga compilation of the arc was released by Shueisha on Saikyō Jump's January 2017 issue.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super – Universe Survival Saga – Official PV 1 (SUB)
- ↑ “Dragon Ball Super” Complete Showcase Event Reveals Series Plot
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Dragon Ball Super episode 1
- ↑ http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=31269
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 1
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 2
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 3
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 4
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 5
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 6
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 7
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 8
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 9
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 10
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 11
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 12
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 13
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 14
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 15
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 16
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 17
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 18
- ↑ 23.00 23.01 23.02 23.03 23.04 23.05 23.06 23.07 23.08 23.09 23.10 23.11 23.12 23.13 23.14 23.15 23.16 23.17 Dragon Ball Super Episode Guide List
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 Dragon Ball Super Manga Adaptation
- ↑ Dragon Ball Full Color: Saiyan Arc Volume #03 (04 February 2013)—Akira Toriyama-sensei's Answer!!
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 Dragon Ball Super episode 3
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Dragon Ball Super episode 5
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 2
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Dragon Ball Super episode 18
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 Dragon Ball Super episode 7
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 6
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 32.2 Dragon Ball Super episode 8
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 9
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Dragon Ball Super episode 10
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 11
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super episode 13
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 Dragon Ball Super episode 14
- ↑ "Dragon Ball Super" First Episode Details in Weekly Jump
|Pre-Dragon Ball||Dragon Ball Minus · Jaco the Galactic Patrolman|
|Dragon Ball||Hunt for the Dragon Balls Arc · Kame-Sennin Training Arc · 21st Tenka-Ichi Budōkai Arc · Red Ribbon Army Arc · Uranai Baba Arc · 22nd Tenka-Ichi Budōkai Arc · Piccolo Daimaō Arc · 23rd Tenka-Ichi Budōkai Arc|
|Dragon Ball Z||Saiyan Arc · Freeza Arc · Garlic Junior Arc · Androids Arc · Cell Arc · Anoyo-Ichi Budōkai Arc · High School Arc · 25th Tenka-Ichi Budōkai Arc · Majin Boo Arc|
|Dragon Ball Super||Battle of Gods Arc · Revival of "F" Arc · Hakaishin Champa Arc · "Future" Trunks Arc · Universe Survival Arc|
|Dragon Ball GT||Ultimate Dragon Balls Arc · Revenge of Demon Baby Arc · Ultimate Android Arc · Seven Evil Dragon Arc|