The "Freeza Force" symbol.
|Manga Debut||Chapter 195|
|Movie Debut||Movie 8|
|Sub-Team(s)|| Ginyū Special Squadron
Coola's Armored Squad
Saiyan Invasion Team
Freeza's Army (フリーザ軍, Furīza Gun; FUNimation "Frieza Force") is a militaristic multi-planetary empire, which spanned a large portion of the North Galaxies, and is ruled by Freeza and his father, Cold. After Freeza and Cold die at the hands of Trunks on Earth, Sorbet seizes the reigns of the empire's army and rules until Freeza is revived. After Freeza's revival, the entirety of his army, including himself and Sorbet, were eradicated by the Dragon Team.
Revenge of the Saiyans
There appears to be some organizational structure to Freeza's empire, especially militarily, but the structure isn't quite clear. Freeza does seem to be in sole command of the empire, so it is unclear what role his father, Cold, plays as 'King'. His successor is Sorbet, though it is unclear whether he was truly an emperor, or simply in charge. Exclusively to the movies, it is said that Coola and his brother have their respective zones of where they subjugate planets for their empire.
The Combatants (戦闘員, Sentōin) are the main military forces of Freeza's empire. While initially portrayed as quite powerful, by the Namek Saga, the vast majority of regular infantry can easily be defeated by the Dragon Team. Upon his revival, Freeza himself notes that Son Gohan alone can defeat his entire army.
Ginyū Special Squadron
The Ginyū Special Squadron (ギニュー特戦隊, Ginyū Tokusentai; English TV "Ginyu Force") are an elite group, composed of five members, within Freeza's empire. Freeza often calls on them in circumstances where he is facing a significant threat, but doesn't want to personally involve himself.
Additionally, Abo and Kado were said to be elite members of Freeza's Army. At the time of the Freeza Arc, both had powers comparable to the Ginyū Special Squadron. By the time they arrived on Earth, however, their strength was roughly equal with that of Freeza himself.
The typical attire of most members of the Freeza's Army consists of a durable, flexible Combat Jacket, long dark-colored leggings, arm guards, and boots. However, the variety in appearance for this armor seems to be wide. For example, some Battle Jacket have long, extended shoulder plates, while others have no shoulder plates whatsoever. White gloves are also commonly substituted for the arm guards and tight, form-fitting shorts can be substituted for the traditional leggings. A Scouter is also part of the traditional uniform of Freeza's soldiers, though not all soldiers wear one.
The Ginyū Special Squadron further customized their armor by emblazoning the symbol of their squadron on the breastplate.
- Due to misinformation, many fans assumed that Freeza's empire was known as the Planet Trade Organization. This was based on an observation by Kulilin in the anime, in which he referred to Freeza's group as being involved in a "planet trade" organization. In truth, Freeza's empire wasn't named until the manga adaptation of the first part of the movie, Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F"—in which Freeza calls his empire the Galactic Freeza Army (銀河フリーザ軍隊, Ginga Furīza Guntai) and his soldiers themselves the Freeza Army (リーザ軍隊, Furīza Guntai).
- In promotional material for Dragon Ball Z: Revival of 'F', Freeza's Army is referred to instead as the "Frieza Force", and there exists a recruitment video, complete with anti-Saiyan propoganda, which can be found on FUNimation's YouTube channel.
- The VIZ Media localization has also called it "Freeza's Gang" on occasion.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Dragon Ball Volume "F"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" chapter 1
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F"
- ↑ Daizenshuu 7
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: The Incredible Mightiest vs. Mightiest
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" chapter 3, page 20
- ↑ Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Gokū and His Friends Return!!
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" chapter 3, page 6
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z episode 64
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z chapter 65