|Please note that this is the Dragon Ball Universe Wiki's article on the movie. If you are looking for the article on the retelling arc of the movie then you should head to Revival of "F" Arc. For other uses, see Revival of "F" (disambiguation).|
|Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F"|
|Rōmaji||Doragon Bōru Zetto: Fukkatsu no "Efu"|
|FUNimation||Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F'|
|Japanese||April 28, 2015|
|English||August 4, 2015|
Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" (ドラゴンボールＺ 復活の「
With their power dwindling due to the absence of their leader, the remnants of Freeza's Army are led by an alien named Sorbet, who decides to revive their master. He then sets off to Earth with one other minion, Tagoma, where they convince Pilaf, Mai, and Shū, who have collected the Dragon Balls to let them summon Shenron instead. As Shenron is unable to fully revive Freeza, he brings him back to life in pieces, and his minions put him together using their advanced technology. Once restored, Freeza kills Tagoma and learns that Son Gokū got much stronger, to the point of defeating Majin Boo and thus, he decides he too needs to become more powerful. Freeza reveals that, since his power was inborn, he had never trained a day in his life, and so he trains himself for the first time, before returning to Earth with his army six months later. Jaco the Galactic Patrolman travels to earth to warn Bulma that Freeza is approaching, and she gathers the other warriors to fight him. With Gokū and Vegeta training on Planet Beerus with Whis, unaware that Freeza has been revived, Son Gohan, Piccolo, Kulilin, Kame-Sennin, Tenshinhan and Jaco fight off Freeza's soldiers.
Bulma's message eventually reaches Whis, and Gokū and Vegeta travel back to Earth to fight Freeza. Whis and Beerus join them in order to eat a strawberry-flavored dessert Bulma has prepared for them. Gokū fights Freeza first by transforming into the blue-haired Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, and Freeza transforms into a new "Golden Freeza" form. Gokū ultimately gains the upper hand, but he is shot in the chest by Sorbet. Freeza stands over the incapacitated Gokū and offers Vegeta a chance to kill Gokū for him in exchange for his own life. Vegeta refuses and transforms into the blue-haired Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan form as well, much to Freeza's shock. Vegeta tells Kulilin to revive Gokū with a Senzu. As the latter moves to do so, Freeza attacks him, but Vegeta intercepts and deflects Freeza's blast towards Sorbet, killing him. Vegeta attacks Freeza, eventually causing him to revert back to his base form, who then realizes that he cannot win. Freeza decides to destroy the planet, killing Vegeta in the process. Shortly afterwards, Earth is destroyed, but Whis creates a bubble around a small piece of rock to protect himself and the others. While Bulma despairs, Gokū regrets not killing Freeza when he had the chance. Whis tells him that he has the power to set back time but only three minutes earlier. He does so, and they arrive back right before Freeza destroys the Earth. Gokū immediately attacks with a Kamehameha and kills Freeza.
As the Dragon Team say their goodbyes to Beerus and Whis, Gokū and Vegeta discuss Whis's assertion that, if the two of them were to team up they would be powerful enough to beat even Beerus. Vegeta states that although this may be true, he still prefers to fight alone in order to test his own abilities and become the greatest fighter on his own. Surprisingly, Gokū agrees with him and the two share a laugh over having finally found something they agree on.
In a post-credits scene, Freeza returns to Hell and is welcomed back by dancing happy fairies.
- Dragon Ball Volume "F" — A limited edition official movie databook was released to those who watched the movie in Japanese theaters containing the full script for the movie.
- A promotional pamphlet for the movie which featured the movie’s official poster on the cover, a very brief introduction and movie synopsis on the inside, and a special message from Akira Toriyama on the back.
- An official promotional blog run in-character by Bulma opened to provide daily countdown posts, beginning with “Day 59″ (Go-kū), with thoughts and comments from various other characters, staff, and voice actors from the movie.
- A three-chapter manga adaptation of the film, drawn by Toyotarō, began in the April 2015 issue of V Jump.
- The movie is the second film to be an official part of the canon Dragon Ball storyline, set during the timeskip that occurs between chapters 517 and 518. The script, as written by Akira Toriyama, is included in the promotional guidebook: Dragon Ball Volume "F".
- According to Akira Toriyama, the song "F" inspired both the concept and title of the film Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F".
- Despite regenerating during the events of the film with his Fighting Jacket on — and Yamamuro claiming the jacket was a part of Freeza's body— the original storyboard for the film showed Freeza regenerating without the Fighting Jacket.
- The movie later receives a special edition, Dragon Ball Z: Revival of "F" — "Future" Trunks Special Edition (ドラゴンボールＺ 復活の「
Ｆ」 "未来"トランクス特別編, Doragon Bōru Zetto: Fukkatsu no "Efu" "Mirai" Torankusu Tokubetsuhen), features the new extra scenes of Trunks showing his perspective on his historic battle with Freeza.
|Role||Seiyū||FUNimation dub Voice Actor|
|Son Gokū||Masako Nozawa||Sean Schemmel|
|Son Gohan||Masako Nozawa||Kyle Hebert|
|Vegeta||Ryō Horikawa||Christopher Sabat|
|Bulma||Hiromi Tsuru||Monica Rial
||Masaharu Satō||Mike McFarland
||Mayumi Tanaka||Sonny Strait|
|Piccolo||Toshio Furukawa||Christopher Sabat|
|Trunks||Takeshi Kusao||Eric Vale|
|Tenshinhan||Hikaru Midorikawa||John Burgmeier|
|Jaco||Natsuki Hanae||Todd Haberkorn|
|Videl||Yūko Minaguchi||Kara Edwards|
|Brief||Ryōichi Tanaka||Mark Stoddard|
|Artificial Human No. 18||Miki Itō||Meredith McCoy|
|Shenron||Ryūzaburō Ōtomo||Christopher Sabat|
|Sorbet||Shirō Saitō||Jeremy Schwartz|
|Tagoma||Kazuya Nakai||Micah Solusod|
|Shisami||Tetsu Inada||Brad Venable|
|Robber A||Kōji Haramaki||-|
|Robber B||Keiji Hirai||-|
|Pilaf||Shigeru Chiba||Chuck Huber|
|Mai||Eiko Yamada||Colleen Clinkenbeard|
|Shū||Tesshō Genda||Chris Cason|
|Oracle Fish||Shōko Nakagawa||Monica Rial|
|Angels||Momoiro Clover Z||-|
|Whis||Masakazu Morita||Ian Sinclair|
|Beerus||Kōichi Yamadera||Jason Douglas|
|Freeza||Ryūsei Nakao||Chris Ayres|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Dragon Ball Volume "F" to Include 2015 Film Script by Toriyama
- ↑ Official promotional blog powered by Ameba
- ↑ 2015 Dragon Ball Z Film Gets 3-Chapter Manga Adaptation
- ↑ January 2015 issue of V-Jump
- ↑ “Resurrection ‘F'” Special Edition Fuji TV Broadcast to Include New Trunks Material