|“||This is a story of you and Dragon Ball.||”|
—Dragon Ball Fusions 3DS English Announcement Trailer
|Dragon Ball Fusions|
|Rōmaji||Doragon Bōru Fyūjonzu|
|Video Game Info|
|Playable on||Nintendo 3DS|
|Japanese||August 4, 2016|
November 22, 2016|
December 13, 2016
Dragon Ball Fusions (ドラゴンボール フュージョンス, Doragon Bōru Fyūjonzu), previously known as Dragon Ball Project Fusion (ドラゴンボール プロジェクトフュージョン, Doragon Bōru Purojekuto Fyūjon), is a game developed by Ganbarion and published by Bandai-Namco Games for the Nintendo 3DS. It was released in Japan on August 4, 2016, and was released in the United States on November 22, 2016.
The game features new element, "EX Fusion" (
The world of Dragon Ball Fusions is created when the main character and best friend, Pinich, wished to Shenron to hold the mightiest of tournaments. As such, the goal is to win the Jikūichi Budōkai (時空一武道会; English "Timespace Tournament"; Literally meaning "Strongest in Time and Space Tournament").
- This game marks the first time a female fusion has been seen in any media.
- On a related note, Dragon Ball Fusions marks Bra's debut as a playable character for the first time in a Dragon Ball game.
- Additionally it also marks Gine's debut as a playable character for the first time in a Dragon Ball game. It also marks the first time since Dragon Ball Minus that Gine has interacted with her youngest son Kakarot, though it is the first time she has interacted with him after his amnesia and becoming the pure hearted Goku in any media. As a result it is the first game in which Goku has interacted with both of his birth parents, though both Bardock and Gine chose to conceal their identity as his parents from Goku when they encounter his younger self.
- The anime quiz from Giru within the game refers to Dragon Ball Super as "Super Dragon Ball"; this is incorrect, and Super Dragon Ball is in fact an actual game within the series.
- In the localized version of the game, Son Gokū refers to Karin as "Whiskers", most likely a nod to the Harmony Gold dub of Dragon Ball, where Karin was known as "Whiskers the Wonder Cat".
- Dragon Ball Fusions found itself the subject of censorship in the West, when all swords in sword attacks — even by iconic characters such as Trunks — were changed to resemble bokutō instead. This decision was made by the higher-ups of both Bandai Namco and Nintendo and America.
- The game's in-game description erroneously describes Hit's abilities as speeding up time.
- ↑ Dragon Ball Fusions 3DS ENGLISH ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER & December 13th Release Date
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 V Jump June 2016, pages 74-75
- ↑ V Jump March 2016, pages 78-80
- ↑ Why Dragon Ball Fusions Was Censored Outside Japan