|Please note that this is the Dragon Ball Universe Wiki's article on the character from the main timeline. If you are looking for the article on the character from the future timeline then you should head to Bulma.|
Bulma (ブルマ, Buruma) is a Human-type Earthling and the second daughter of Panchy and Brief, the founder of the Capsule Corporation, as well as the younger sister of Tights. Possessing remarkable intelligence from a young age, Bulma, much like her father, is a scientist, and the inventor of the Dragon Radar. She would later marry the Saiyan prince, Vegeta, and go on to have two children: a son, Trunks, and a daughter, Bra.
Creation and Conception
- Despite being 40 during the Majin Boo Arc, Bulma stated her age to be "38" in Dragon Ball Z: God and God. This would render her six years younger than her actual age of 44,[Note 1] and two years younger than Gokū. It is more than likely that Bulma — being a vain woman — was lying about her age.
- Bulma's last name is never actually confirmed. In the Japanese and FUNimation dub, she is only ever referred to as "Bulma". The dub, however, implies her surname is "Brief", as Panchy, Bulma's mother, is referred to as "Mrs. Brief". In the Japanese, however, Panchy is simply referred to as Bulma's Mother (ブルマのママ, Buruma no mama), and thus whether or not she has a surname remains to be seen.
- While a solid shade of purple in the manga, Bulma's hair has gone through several shades of blue and blue-green in the various Dragon Ball anime adaptations.
- In early Dragon Ball, Bulma was frequently exploited for the sake of fan service; bathing scenes, shower scenes, and panty shots frequently featured Bulma. Additionally, Bulma is the only known example in the series of completely exposed breasts. As the series became more serious, these moments faded out, fading completely after Saiyan Arc.
- According to the databook(s):
- Bulma's hobby is inventing.
- Bulma's favorite food is strawberries.
- Bulma's favorite vehicle is any kind of vehicle.
Notes & References
- ↑ Dragon Ball Z: God and God takes place four years after the Bū Saga, meaning Bulma would be 44 at the time of the movie
- ↑ Daizenshū 3 page 130
- ↑ Dragon Ball Super: Super Start Guide, page 27
- ↑ Dragon Ball Volume "F", page 14
- ↑ Dragon Ball GT: Perfect Files Volume 1, page 75
- ↑ Dragon Ball chapter 2
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Weekly Shōnen Jump Issue: 1986 #37 (12 August 1986)—Character Biography Data
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Daizenshū 7
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Dragon Ball Super Exciting Guide: Character Volume